Sunday, December 9, 2007

Yet Another Reason to Visit the Store...

Thanks to the fine folks at msn.com, The Art of the Bookstore Pickup:

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=7453&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=6&GT1=10678

I think this was my favorite bit:

Ed Lowe, a Chicago pensions analyst, recalls the time a woman interrupted him as he read a collection of short stories by the existential philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre: “I think I said something pithy about Sartre’s thoughts on human frailty,” he recalls.

A true smooth operator.

I don't think we've had an Laguna Beach Books love connections happen yet. Maybe we should have an event that crosses both Speed Dating and Speed Reading, or (what with the writers on strike), maybe a vie-to-be-his-bride reality show called The Protagonist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

instead of You've Got Mail...You've Got Blog